Power Quality Audits Identifies Power Quality issues. This will further help you to address reliability and stability concerns before they actually impact on your facilities performance and more important on bottom line of organization.
“FIND POWER QUALITY PROBLEMS BEFORE THEY FIND YOU …!!! “
• Reduced Efficiencies
• Insulation Damage
• Pulsating torque’s in rotating Machinery
• Interference with communication, Control and Signal circuits
• Mal-operation of Equipment.
• Increased Operating Temperature on Equipment, Cables, Switchgears, Motors & Transformers.
• Reduced Equipment Life & high maintenance Costs.
• Reduced Capacitor life /Capacitor failures
• Blown fuses & tripping of switch-gears.
• Increased Copper Losses
Benefits Of Power Quality Analysis • Assist in preventative and predictive maintenance
• Identify source and frequency of events
• Establish precise location and timing of events
• Develop maintenance schedules
• Monitor and trend conditions
• Analyze harmonics, Flicker , Transients frequency variation ,voltage variations (sag & swell .)
• Ensure equipment performance
• Assess sensitivity of process equipment to disturbances
• Evaluate performance against specifications
Major Covered Parameters • Peak Voltage and current, Frequency.
• Active, reactive and apparent power per phase and their aggregate.
• Active, reactive energy - consumed and produced (export / import).
• Harmonics for voltage, current up to the 50th order.
• Flicker measurements.
• Power factor.
• Displacement factor and Tangent.
• Neutral current.
• Crest Factor for V and I.
• K factor for currents.
• V and I unbalance in %.
• Total Harmonic Distortion Factor.
• Inrush capture.
• Transients Recording
The advantages of the PQA • The PQA final report provides a complete picture of the electrical system’s correct state of operation.
• The report is a tool of primary importance for preventive maintenance, in that it lists all the measures to be taken promptly when disturbances are detected, before the negative impact on production and the running of the equipment is felt.
PROCESS OF PQA • Program start-up & orientation (site)
• Onsite Assessment (site)
• Data collection from various location (Site)
• Final report preparation (Office)
• Submission & Presentation of report, (Site)
• Presentation of products & Solutions Along with application Guide & Notes (Site/office).
Thermal Imaging or Infrared Thermography procedure is an extremely influential method of practically monitoring, sensing and recording the heat and temperature. It further assists in effectively troubleshooting any electrical, mechanical, electronics and structural systems. Infrared Thermal Imaging offers accurate data related to the problems that remain undetected using standard visual inspection and diagnostic techniques. It offers solutions to the problems that can not be seen with the naked eye which are clearly visible using thermal imaging.
Thermography can detect problems in many electrical system such as
• Switchgear in organization and substations
• Power transmission lines
• Distribution panels, circuit breakers and conductors
• Computer and low voltage systems
• Machine control Panels
• PLCs (Valves & Relays)
Advantages of Thermography
• Infrared Thermal imaging can help you detect problems like inductive heating, hot bus bar ,overloaded circuit & many undesirable electrical situations
• It can be used to measure or observe in areas inaccessible or hazardous for other methods
• It is a non-destructive test & contact free method
• Thermography inspect electrical objects in dark areas
• An Infrared inspection can immediately detect an overheated wire in the mesh of wires and terminals, which is impossible to see with naked eyes.
• An infrared electrical inspection can minimize injury, liability, damage, catastrophic failures and downtime of the organization
• An effective preventative maintenance strategy must include an infrared scan.
MONITOR THE ELECTRICAL HEALTH OF YOUR ENTERPRISE
Power Quality Audits Identifies Power Quality issues. This will further help you address reliability and stability concerns before they actually impact on your facilities performance and more important on bottom line of organization.
“FIND POWER QUALITY PROBLEMS BEFORE THEY FIND YOU …!!! “
SYSCON ENERGY CONSERVATION SOLUTIONS PVT LTD.
How Power Quality Problems Affects You ? • Higher energy consumption and High Current Load.
• Penalties Incurred for exceeding Tariffs.
• Production Quality & Quantity losses.
• Financial Losses due to stoppage.
• Increase in Reactive power consumption.
• Reduced life cycle of Equipment.
• Additional investment for Over sizing of equipment.
• Energy wastage.
• Increased Maintenance and Service cost.
• Over Voltage/Under voltage/Sag/Swell/electrical Noise/Surges/spikes.
Why We Require POWER QUALITY ANALYSIS ? • To Improve Power Factor & system efficiency.
• To Avoid Break-downs & production Interruptions
• To Avoid excess Energy consumption.
• To remove Harmonics, Surges & Transients from electrical Network.
• To Avoid Voltage/frequency fluctuations & PLC Hang-up.
• To Avoid Transformer overheat, Capacitor burst, Trip Etc.
• Savings in Energy Bills due to reduced Losses & KVA demands.
• Accurate Measurements by Installed Meter.
• Better Production Rate and Quality due to reduced interruption.
• Enhanced Life cycle of Electrical network & component.
• Maximize Plant distribution Capacity.
REFERENCE STANDARDS USED FOR PQ STUDY :
POWER QUALITY AUDIT CHECK-LIST: • Facility Walk through • Load Study • Inter Harmonics • Harmonics (Vthd & Ithd) • Earth-Pit resistance Test (at mains transformer) • Reactive Power Analysis • Power Parameters • Line Disturbances(Transient, Sags, Swells at main Transformer) • Captive Power Assessment • Load Distribution • Thermography • Problem Investigation • PQA Report • Inferences & Recommendation
SYSCON is offering a comprehensive package of power quality solutions for: • Reactive Power • Harmonic distortions • Transients • Fast changing loads • Voltage stabilization • High electricity bills • Unbalanced systems
Solutions PROVIDED :
• Tuned/Detuned, Active/Passive Harmonic Filter • Power Factor Correcting Capacitor (APFC- Detuned and non Detuned) • TVSS ( Transient voltage surge Suppressor ) • Power quality Monitoring Meter • UPS/Inverters • Peak Demand Management • Power Factor Controller
SCOPE OF WORK FOR POWER QUALITY AUDIT (HARMONICS)
The following components will be included in the Electrical Harmonic Analysis and Survey:
Power Network System Measurements and Data Collection
Power network system measurements and data collection are typically taken at various essential locations throughout the facility to enable the accurate modelling of harmonic sources. This is required since the theoretical addition of harmonics from a number of sources will not be directly additive and could be considerably less. In addition to harmonic measurements, voltage and load measurements are also taken.
a) System Voltage RMS
b) System Current RMS
c) Active & Reactive Power
d) Power Factor (Instantaneous).
The job shall also further include the following
e) Data collection from site.
f) Harmonic measurements along with specific harmonic filtering at normal operating conditions.
g) Voltage Improvement & stability study.
h) Three phase balancing study.
i) Surge & Transient Protection, study.
j) KVA Capacity Release
k) Broadband Harmonic reduction requirement if any.
A harmonic analysis involves the use of computer programs to identify and predict potential harmonic problems and mitigation techniques. The study will also look at different operating points as well as system. Changes that might occur in the future.
Surges & Transient Analysis
The study will be conducted to record the transient s & surges of 1KV – 6KV magnitude.
Voltage Dips Swells Analysis
The study will be conducted to record the short term dips & swells along with magnitude & duration.
Reactive Power Analysis
The study will be conducted to calculate the desired reactive power at distribution &load end. This will give precise reactive power & maintain unity power factor at PCC & reduce losses & resonance in network.
Captive Power Analysis
The study will be conducted to calculate the desired captive power.
Synchronise the captive power to cater to peak demands & reduce utility surcharge& fuel consumption.
Load Flow Analysis
A load flow analysis is conducted to predict power flow magnitudes, power factor, voltage levels, and losses in branches of the system based on the specified operating conditions. The job for the Electrical system Power Quality study and analysis shall be
carried out as indicated below:-
Online measurement of the parameters mentioned above at the Plants Input Mains & subsequent important feeders by power quality analyzers KRYCARD
ALM 30/35 to identify the quantum of the disturbances along with the thres hold parameters